How to Use
Here’s how you can use the 360° view of communicative competence framework in your workplace.
SCROLL TO GET STARTED
DEFINE YOUR ROLE
The framework can help you in different ways. Select your role to learn how.
Internationally Trained Employee
Use the framework to get a better idea of Canadian workplace culture and seek ways to improve your communication to succeed.
- Develop an understanding of intercultural communication strategies
- Gain insight into successful approaches to communication
- Become aware of language skills to build in support of effective communication
- Identify where the gaps in your communication skills exist and consider strategies to improve them
- Build a CV that speaks to the communication skills that the Canadian workplace demands
LAUNCH THE FRAMEWORK
To launch the framework and navigate through the different tools, simply start by clicking the menu icon. You can also use the menu to access any of the communicative competencies at any time.
NAVIGATE THE FRAMEWORK
The framework competencies are organized into three focus areas: Connect with Others, Work with Others and Work within an Organization. Start your journey by choosing a focus area, or explore them all.
EXPLORE THE MEANING OF CONCEPTS
Throughout the framework, you may come across words that have a dotted underline. Hover over these words or visit the glossary for a more detailed explanation.
CREATE A CUSTOMIZED COLLECTION OF COMPETENCIES
Save the competencies that align with your goals by adding them to ‘My Competencies.’ Click the heart icon on each of the competency pages or cards to add them to My Competencies, which you can revisit or download it at any time. Select the My Competencies menu item to view or modify your selections.
DOWNLOAD HELPFUL RESOURCES
Download PDF versions of the framework and additional resources to help you use intercultural communication more effectively in your workplace.